Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 3

Today is my 3rd day of Weight Watchers and am REALLY enjoying it and look forward to posting how my day went. I never thought I would say that! So I work for the local hospital here in town and they are huge on living well. The last couple of years they have completely revamped our cafeteria. They did a remodel a few weeks ago and if you didn't know it, you would never guess you were in a hospital. They have a LiVe Well Entree everyday and usually will have display cooking. Today they had stir fry and it was sooooo yummy!!!

I chose to have chicken and imitation crab for the protein then I just told them all the veggies. Then you had the choice between whole wheat pasta or red wheat berries. I had never had the wheat berries before so I tried them and they were pretty good. Then you had the choice between teriyaki sauce or a sweet red pepper sauce; I went with the sweet red pepper sauce. It was a little spicy but it was pretty good. I am sure it was less calories then the teriyaki but I could be wrong. Then it had a side of spinach with a few berries. Seriously people, tt was awesomely delicious. I would have ordered this at a restaurant and I am sure would have spent at least $10 and it would have been 20+ pts. I paid $4.40 and it was 9 pts! I also think this would be an amazing thing to make at home for my kids. I am on a quest to find meals for my kids that they will actually eat that doesn't take me 10 years to prep. I think this will be worth a try. 

Speaking of quick prep dinners. Yesterday I made a healthy chicken alfredo for the kids and had some extra chicken. I put it in a pyrex dish and lightly coated it with Famous Daves Sweet and Sassy Sauce, covered it and let it sit overnight. When I got home from work tonight, I threw it on the grill (make sure you get the thin chicken, it cooks more evenly), added a slice of cheese for the kids, and put it on an extra bun we had from last night's hamburgers. I kind of feel bad for feeding my kids something in a bun two nights in a row but what do you do? They eat it and that is all I can ask! They took one bite of this sandwich and the looks on their faces was priceless! They also had a side of watermelon and some milk. It is such a good feeling when you make something healthy for your kids and they actually eat it better than they eat pizza/takeout etc. 


 Part of what they talk about in WW is making a routine for yourself. At Saturday's meeting they had us make one goal for the week. I have wanted to give up soda for a really long time and I am finally going to do it! I have not had a soda for 4 days and that is a VERY long time for me! I have gone several years before without drinking it but ever since I had my kids, it has been my saving grace. We all know how tired you are as a new mom and that little bit (or a lot depending on the day) of caffeine was/is like a drug to me. For me, it is all or nothing. If I allow myself to have a little bit once in a while, I am like an addict, I can't stop. So, for now, I am going to give it up. I will keep you posted on the headaches and mood swings. :)


Wish me luck! Day 4 here we come!


4 comments:

  1. We make broccoli in the oven. It's just fresh broccoli cut into tiny florets and toss it in a light drizzle of olive oil put it on a sheet pan and sprinkle some salt on it bake it in the oven. It is really good. We all love it and say it tastes like popcorn. We never have left overs and I bet it would be 0 points for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH great idea! I think I would need to count the olive oil but thats it. I will need to try that. Even Logan eats it? My kids don't touch their vegetables. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've been trying to get my kids to eat more veggies. We do good with fruit but I can't get them to eat veggies until now. Logan asks for more if you can believe it! Even Liam eats it. I'll email you the full recipe, but there is really nothing to it! And they like corn on the cob, which I just made yesterday and it was really easy too. I always thought it took forever to make that but it's so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes my kids like corn on the cob too which is nice but hard when its not in season. So we will enjoy it now! :)

    ReplyDelete