Friday, July 12, 2013

Awesome weather and new goals


Today we got a welcome break from this brutal heat. A few days last week, it got up to over 120 degrees! Today there was a flash flood warning; it was awesome. The drive which takes me normally 10 minutes to drive home from work, took me 20+. You could barely see in front of you and it was only about 60 degrees. When I got home it was a downpour and my kids and I loved it.  


I have been thinking about making new goals recently and I came to the conclusion that nothing is going to happen unless I write it down and make it happen. Of course my big goal is just like the rest of the worlds and it is to be more healthy. I am hoping of course that this will in turn help me lose a few lbs. Ever since I got my thyroid out, the weight has slowly crept on. Of course I have not been making the choices that I should but it seems like the results of those choices sneak up on me faster than they used to. Now whether that is from my lack of thyroid or me getting closer to 30, I am not sure. I try not to complain about it too much because honestly, I have not done a single thing to help. So starting tomorrow, I am going back to Weight Watchers. I normally don't tell people when I do this but I think its about time I start putting my goals out there so I have a little accountability. I did WW a few years ago when I put on a little weight after getting married and was very successful. I have dabbled in it a little over the years after my kids but have never had the motivation to follow through. This will be the last time I join. In fact, this quote has never been so true.




So if you are one of the 5 people who read this blog, be prepared for me to update frequently about how this journey is going. Mark is so sweet and will support me in anything I do. In fact, I have had my eye on this beauty at Costco for a while and when he was there the other day, it was almost 1/2 off so he got it for me/the kids. He is hooking it up right now so we can go for a bike ride tonight. Don't worry the flash flooding has stopped. 

Don't mind the toilet paper in the corner. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I am one of those 5 people!! Good for you! It will be fun to be able to do this with you kids. Is it a bike thing and a jogging stroller too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEs it is both. The kids love it. They ask me everyday if we can go on a bike ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted one of those forever too! Do they have anymore for half off down there? If so pick one up for us and we'll pay you back. Up here they're still full price.

    ReplyDelete