Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day two!

Today was much more successful than yesterday. I think writing on this blog daily helps me stay accountable. I want something good to report at the end of the day. Otherwise I will wait another 6 months before posting again. So the morning started with this delicious smoothie. Seriously, really is delicious. See the recipe below....

Fresh pineapple
1 orange
1/2 banana
Agave to taste
Large handful of spinach
One small slice of lemon with peel
Lots and lots of ice
Protein powder to make a meal. (I used visalus since I have some from last year.) 

I make this smoothie and I only get a little bit cause my kids love it!!! They call it their "monster smoothie". Doesn't the color just look delish? :) 

For snacks while at work I had an apple and a yogurt. For lunch I had the live well menu at work. It was a chicken chimichurri (spelling) with some asparagus and a pineapple spear. Then for dinner I had my almond chocolate milk, visalus, peanut butter banana smoothie. know you don't want to hear about what I had to eat all day but it will help me in the future to go back and remember what was succesful or not. 
For my workout I went to the power x class. I seriously hate hate hate that class. The best part is seriously when it is over. I love the instructor and I love that she pushes me farther than I ever think I can push myself. Just when I think I can't go any farther she tells us to keep going. She works us every one of those 60 minutes. Here is a picture of what she had us do today 


So all in all I think it was a good day. I sure do miss my kids on days like today. They were home with dad today so I didn't feel too bad but I only spent maybe 2 hours with them. But the little time I do have I make sure they are well spent. We watched a little bit of a movie together and read books before bed. It's not much but I hope they know that I love them and I am trying to be healthier to be there for them in the long run. Tomorrow will be a rest day from the gym. Maybe I will take the kids on a walk and do some things at home but as of 4:30 tomorrow after work, my time will be with my family. I am still trying to find the perfect balance, I am sure I will be searching for it my entire life. All I can do is do my best and have no regrets. 

1 comment:

  1. Ill read your blog! That is great your getting back in the swing of things! I have had a hard time the last week with eating good and exercising. It is hard to find a balance. Great job Car!

    ReplyDelete